Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting.
You can have Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
- Prepare of Cake:.
- You need 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 package of matchstick carrots, chopped (or 2 cups grated).
- Prepare 8 oz of can crushed pineapple.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need of Frosting:.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of \2 cup softened butter.
- It’s 1 cup of confectioner sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting step by step
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Blend in oil, sugar and eggs.
- Beat until well blended.
- Mix in carrots, pineapple with juice, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into 2 greased 9" cake pans or a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake 30-45 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until very well blended.
- Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add sugar in small increments, scraping sides and bottom of mixer frequently.
- If you like a lot of frosting between layers you may want to double the recipe. A single recipe is perfect for a bundt.
- Garnish with toasted chopped walnuts.