Carrot cake. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long.
It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake. Carrot cake is cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting. You can have Carrot cake using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- Prepare of For the cake batter:.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder or extract.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s of For a creamy frosting:.
- You need 1 cup of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
The origins of carrot cake are disputed. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots.
Carrot cake instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and Grease 2 9-inch round cake pans..
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined..
- In a separate large bowl mix the oil, sugars, and vanilla. Then combine the 3 eggs, one at a time until properly mixed..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 parts, making sure the batter is smooth after each part. Then stir in the carrots and mix again..
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans and bake for 20-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake..
- After the cakes have baked take them out of the oven, let them cool for 10 minutes, and then transfer the cakes into separate plates..
- For the creamy frosting: In an electric mixer bowl beat the cream cheese for about 30 seconds then add in the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy. Pour in the heavy whipping cream and beat for 1 minute..
- When the cakes have completely cooled, frost the top of one cake and place the other cake on top. With the remaining frosting, frost the top of the cake and serve. ✨Enjoy!✨.
A wonderfully moist, perfectly spiced carrot cake recipe. This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting. My family's best carrot cake recipe dates back to my great-grandmother! We bake up a few of these carrot cakes for special occasions to make sure there's enough to go around.