Carrot cake. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long.
It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake. Carrot cake is cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting. You can cook Carrot cake using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- Prepare 175 g of plain flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- You need 200 g of soft brown or muscovado sugar.
- It’s 150 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 200 g of grated carrots.
- You need 70 g of raisins or sultanas.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 4 of generous tablespoons of apricot jam, warmed up if very thick.
- Prepare of For the ganache:.
- Prepare 60 g of white cooking chocolate (or any plain white).
- You need 30 g (2 tbsp) of double cream.
The origins of carrot cake are disputed. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots.
Carrot cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Butter and line with parchment a 20cm round tin. Grate the carrots – to get 200g you need to grate about 3 medium sized ones. Mix the flour with baking powder and the spices and put aside. Mix the sugar with the oil in a bowl of a standing mixer (or use a hand mixer), then beat in the eggs. Add the grated carrots, the raisins, sieve in the flour and spice mix and fold it all in with a spatula. Pour into the tin and bake for about 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the cake in the tin..
- When completely cold, slice it across in two layers with a large bread knife. Spread apricot jam over the bottom half in a generous layer. Cover with the top half..
- Prepare the ganache: break up the chocolate into pieces as small as possible. Put the cream in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Immediately add the chocolate and leave to stand (in the microwave) for a minute or two. Whisk together into smooth ganache..
- Using a spoon, drizzle over the top of the cake, letting the ganache dribble over the sides as well. Serve with cream! clotted cream! custard! whipped cream! warm vanilla sauce! caramel sauce! And it’s lovely on its own, too..
A wonderfully moist, perfectly spiced carrot cake recipe. This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting. My family's best carrot cake recipe dates back to my great-grandmother! We bake up a few of these carrot cakes for special occasions to make sure there's enough to go around.