Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie. I'll be looking for a Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie recipe on Cook's Illustrated or America's Test Kitchen, both of which are infinitely more reliable than Real Simple. CHICKEN AND VEG POT PIE ! Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables.
A traditional chicken pie is classic comfort food and this fuss-free recipe is one you'll want to make again and again. Sift the flour and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Dice the cold butter and vegetable shortening and rub them into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. You can have Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie
- It’s of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs.
- It’s of sea salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need 6 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
This pie gets its velvety richness from olive oil, wine, low-fat milk, and a double dose of vegetables. For the filling you will want to cut up some precooked chicken. I usually make this recipe with a rotisserie chicken from the store Add the vegetables and cook for. a couple of minutes to break up any lumps of them frozen together, then mix in the. chicken and simmer under. YUM – give these fantastic Chicken and Vegetable Pies a go as they are AMAZING!
Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Combine flour, salt and flour in mixing bowl. Add in oil and milk. Mix thoroughly, then set aside..
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan at medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing so that it thoroughly coats the chicken and absorbs the oil. Also add seasoning at this time..
- Add milk slowly, mixing thoroughly as you do. It should start thickening into gravy as it mixes with the floured chicken..
- Add vegetables to the chicken gravy. Allow gravy to cook until vegetables defrost, stirring frequently..
- In your baking dish, take about half of the dough you made previously and press it evenly into the bottom of the dish. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the crust just starts to turn brown (I usually do this while I'm preparing the filling) Remove from oven..
- Scoop/pour the filling into the baking dish on top of the crust..
- Flatten the remaining dough out evenly and lay it over the filling so that it covers it (It doesn't have to be perfect, as the crust usually pulls away from the edges a bit anyway)..
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is a golden brown..
- Remove from oven and serve! If you allow it to sit and cool for a few minutes before serving, its usually a little easier to scoop out, as the filling thickens a little as it cools. Enjoy!.
Place over the chicken and vegetable mixture and press firmly on the edges to seal. Prick the top a few times with a fork. Whisk the remaining egg yolks with the remaining cream and glaze the top of the puff pastry. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie.