Carrot Cake Whoppie Pies. Maple-cream cheese filling is sandwiched between two carrot cake cookies for a moist and delicious treat that will make you whoop with joy! Plus, what would carrot cake be without cream cheese frosting? I find that the best way to make these small whoopie pies is to transfer the carrot cake batter into a frosting bag and pipe the batter onto the baking sheet.
This delicious double-layer dessert is filled with sweet Marshmallow Buttercream! This Whoopie Pie Cake was sort of accidental. Obviously not accidental in intention, but accidental in execution. You can have Carrot Cake Whoppie Pies using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Whoppie Pies
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter ( 1 stick ), at room temperatire.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated fresh carrots, about 2 lage.
- It’s 3/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 of recipe of my Vanilla Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe below.
Some tasty carrot cake whoopie pies ready to serve a crowd. Keep the oven hot and whip up more springtime treats. Any carrot cake fans in the house? And these wonderfully moist and creamy Whoopie Pies sure do that carrot cake flavor justice. and they're portable!
Carrot Cake Whoppie Pies instructions
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Have oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, ,baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, set aside..
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.Add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended..
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter,sugar,egg mixture just until combined, do not over mix, add carrots and raisins and combine..
- Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfulls 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet..
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes until light golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of one..
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack..
- When cool sandwich Vanilla Butter Cream Cream Cheese Frosting between two cakes. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363307-vanilla-buttercream-cream-cheese-frosting.
They are really easy to make. These moist and tender gluten free carrot cake whoopie pies with cream cheese filling are a fun Easter alternative to cupcakes or cake. The shredded carrots here tend to rob these cakes of the perfect dome shape of a more classic whoopie pie. But they're still light, fluffy and tender as can be. This recipe for Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies is a wonderful twist on a nostalgic favorite.