classic carrot cake. Nothing beats a classic carrot cake – this one has a touch of cinnamon and walnuts plus the obligatory cream cheese icing. This cake is a whopper, so make sure you have some hungry bunnies on hand. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – This classic carrot cake is nicely spiced, ultra-moist, and Before I opened, I spent weeks testing recipes for all of the classic cake flavors.
My carrot cake with pineapple earned first place! —Cheri Eby, Gunnison, Colorado. This classic carrot cake is perfectly soft and moist. This classic carrot cake is moist, fluffy and spiced to perfection. You can cook classic carrot cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of classic carrot cake
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
It's topped with a thick cream cheese frosting and toasted pecans. How To Make a Classic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Good carrot cakes balance many variables. They have to be sweet, yet spicy; moist, yet delicate; and beautiful, but not pretentious.
classic carrot cake step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- drain pineapple reseveing 2 tbsps of the juice. you may discard the rest or save for another use.
- in a large bowl combine all dry ingredients..
- add eggs, oil, pineapple, carrots and reserved juice blend with a mixer on med speed until combined..
- stir in walnuts.
- transfer to a greased and floured 13×9 baking dish or to 9 inch baking pans bake 35 to 40 minuted.
- cool on wire racks leave in pan 10 minutes the remove if using the round pans.
- I top this cake off with cream cheese frosting and then press more chopped walnut on the top..
- look for my cream cheese frosting recipie!.
This Classic Carrot Cake recipe uses crushed pineapple to give the cake a rich, moist texture. Smooth cream cheese frosting gives it just the right balance of sweetness. My lightened Classic Clean-Eating Carrot Cake is much healthier but still just as easy as their doctored box mix version! Saturated with spices and topped with a generous layer of sweet vanilla ricotta. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter.